Wednesday 1 October 2014

Show & Tell: Twinkle Toes

Phew - it's that time again already!

Show & Tell Thursday's

Ages ago I was lucky enough to test another one of Juliet's awesome patterns - the Ballerina. Such a gorgeous design that captures the grace of a ballet dancer beautifully. After I made the block I started getting ideas about turning it into a bag.

A few weeks/months later, the girls were invited to a little friends' fifth birthday... From memory I was pretty sure this sweet wee girl was a bit keen on dancing, so I sat down and worked out how this bag was going to come together. Thankfully Juliet had also sent me her Ballet shoes pattern - such a nice complimentary pattern combined with the ballerina isn't it?

I'm happy to say that all my maths and calculations worked out and I was super happy with how it turned out. Specially given I hadn't made anything quite like it before! Segmented inside pockets and boxed corners even! Happy dance :)

In time I might make another one for my girls... But there are quite alot of other things on the list before then!

How are your holidays going? Is the sun shining where you are? Getting into Christmas/Holiday or other crafting?
Looking forward to seeing what you've been up to!
L xx

Show & Tell Thursday's





13 comments:

  1. You are a wizard with fabric! Flippen awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours together, you have done a great job (naturally). What a lucky 5 year old. Juliet has come up with some very clever patterns lately. I have started thinking about Christmas, but that's all I've done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's fancy. I'm making your bread right now. Accidentally tripled the yeast so have had to make three loaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such beautiful work and such a generous gift that will be treasured for a long time x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Such a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bag Leonie. There will be one happy little girl out there, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bag is outstanding! My Josie would love that! I have to start working on Christmas as I know how it sneaks up on me every year! Just beautiful lady! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is just so sweet. I bet the birthday girl was thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh this is absolutely beautiful! I'm sure the little girl receiving it will totally fall in love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing gift to give and receive
    So much talent !!!
    And juliets patterns are also super cool

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I was a little ballet loving girl, I would have died and gone to heaven to receive this as a present. So incredible x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A much admired gift and one that the little girl in question totes everywhere - clever, thoughtful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous - I'd have been thrilled with such a beautifully crafted gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day!