Wednesday 15 October 2014

Show & Tell: Paper Plus

Why hello again!
Show & Tell Thursday's

So what have you been up to lovelies? Well here there's a bit happening, but also somehow not much can be shown for it! Anyways, hubby's grandmother had a birthday not so long ago and we wracked our brains thinking of good gift ideas.

Then of course, as is the usual way, I had a thought just as I was falling asleep - a set of handmade cards! I pulled out my scrapbook papers, stamps, embossing tools and got cracking - the next day of course ;)

They were simple but fun to make. And then I decided why not make the envelopes too? So I drew up a template and folded an evening away.

The trouble with a handmade envelope is there are no licky-sticky sides... aha! Some pretty washi tape will go with this nicely!

I had thoughts of making a wee box to present them in, some wee stickers to add, a nice pen... seriously... one could do quite alot with this idea! But we kept it simple and it was well received so yay!

What nifty gifty ideas do you have that you can share with us?
Looking forward to seeing what you've been up to!
L xx

Show & Tell Thursday's





8 comments:

  1. love the kitty cat one... Too cute! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! They look so well-made too. Hope you're not too frazzled by life at the moment. I have been making things too, but it just seems all a bit too hard to blog about them at the moment. Will join in next week, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those robots are cute! I always make my own cards, there is something special about it. And I have also done handmade card packs for a gift, they are always useful and appreciated. Love your idea to include some envelopes and washi! I have finally written about my Spring sampler so can link up today too, I have missed sharing my creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you just made envelopes. Just like that. Only you could make a new skill sound so blasé ;-) I love you dearly my friend, you are so FREAKING talented xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is fab! well done you those kind of gift inspirations are the best x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely idea - you make so many great gifts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just making some cards you said... Freaking awesome cards I say!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day!