Thursday 21 July 2011

Soup

Today I finally got round to making our first winter soup.  Each winter this becomes a staple but it has taken a while to get onto it this year!  It's a deliciously thick Kings Soup mix and bacon hock broth filled with lentils, barley, split peas, grated carrots, potatoes and onions, and chunks of bacon.  I always end up with a massive pot full that lasts for ages and fills the freezer.  Yummo.........

I need soup for my soul too.  Life is always harder when you and everyone around you are sick and tired... but knowing that still doesn't make it easier to deal with.  Tiny little things snowball and suddenly everything seems hopeless... have had a few such moments in the last few days.  But we'll get there - in the meantime I'm watching my children, enjoying them wholeheartedly and continuing to work on the soup.

Wednesday's Highlight:
- Watching my two big girls dancing and singing whilst watching their reflections in the window.  Hilarious : )

Today's Highlight:
- Another fun "homekindy" session that comprised little cutouts of fish "walking" on the table... because "fish don't swim mummy, they walk..."

Sleep tight
x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day!