Monday 1 April 2013

Gauging interest...

Happy Tuesday!

The other day a friend lamented the state of her ironing board cover... and another, and mine... well... lets just say there are a few covers out there that could do with replacing!

Picture Source

And so an idea started to form... is there anybody out there that would be interested in an "Ironing Board Cover Swap"??

Initial thoughts were: sending an outline/template of the top of your ironing board to your swap partner, who would them make you a new one based on the template.  I've had a look at quite a few tutorials and there are many and they all seem simple enough...

So, I thought I would see who'd be interested before sitting down and working out details etc.  Let me know if you are and I will organise something a bit more "official" if we get say at least 5 people.

Hope you're keen!
L x

8 comments:

  1. that has to be the most beautiful ironing board cover i ever saw! can't wait to see what you guys come up with (but don't count me in, can't quilt, don't iron, no time etc) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. It is a great idea. But too big a project for me to do a swap on. Cheers Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well since one of those ironing board covers you mention is mine - you so know I'm in - especially if I can get a pretty scrappy cover like this

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that ironing board cover is awesome. Would love to do a swap :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pooosssssiiibbblllyyy...
    My ironing board is a mess, but as I am almost a month late sending out my last swap parcel I think I should assess my commitments properly before committing- eh Laura ;-)

    P.S. does the patchwork surface iron ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah! go for it :) I don't mind.....its my turn now to to pester you about it...you know you want to! ;)

      Delete
    2. Come on Come on Come on - it doesn't _have to_ look like this one :)

      Delete
  6. argh... tried twice to comment on my silly ipad!

    I will join in!
    My ironing board is hiding in my Mum's cupboard...shh.. NAKED!!! yes, its THAT bad!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day!