Wednesday 2 October 2013

Show & Tell: Kokeshi Love

こんにちは素敵な人
A pinch and a punch for the third of the month :)

Show & Tell Thursday's

I dont own a Kokeshi doll (not for a lack of trying), but I've seen many out there in blogland.  And then super talented Cait designed 3 crochet versions of it...  How to resist the tempatation?!  Well... you dont!

The day Cait released her second set of patterns I was about to hop over to her shop and purchase the existing pattern to make one for a friend's birthday.  Instead the new double trouble pattern was purchased and I set to work.  Timing was perfect!

This one comprises the smaller doll body, topped with the bow.  I then realised I didn't want to stitch green leaves onto a green body (so much for planning!) and went with the wee yellow and white flowers similar to the first doll.  Of course the flower punch could not be found so they were cut out freestyles :)

It was one of the most fun things I've worked on I think.  It may be because the pattern was so easy, the end result was exactly what you imagine and it didn't have any frustration or angst - for me which is rare!.  And to say we were all completely in love with the little doll would be an understatement!  I Will be making more!

You should definitely check out Cait's shop.  Is she clever or what?!

The winner of last month's gorgeous Make Cafe giveaway is...Liz!  Congrats Liz, I'll be in touch to make arrangements!

What fun projects have you been working on lately?
Looking forward to your link-ups and seeing what you've been up to!
木曜日ハッピー!
L xx




Show & Tell Thursday's



16 comments:

  1. I love how she came out. The green looks great. Glad you love the pattern. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so cute - I can't believe those flowers are freestyle! I'm also impressed with the Japanese words (even though I can't read them, I'm just trusting you are saying something lovely!) great work - again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just the cutest little dolls ever!!! You did an outstanding job on them!!!! Awesome awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You recreated the pattern so beautifully! As Cait said, the green you used looks lovely. I can't believe you cut those tiny little flowers out freestyle! They look like little daisies on a spring lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute! I have my first crochet toy on the go, but am so bored by counting rows!! Must get over it. I got too used to free styling on Nixon's blanket that structured patterns are now hard for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is really lovely. I have just had a peek in her shop at all the other sweet dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cait's patterns ALMOST make me wish that I was better at crochet. Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her too :) xxxx Beautiful work L

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented! This is gorgeous sweet!
    I admire you - where do you find the time and energy amongst everything else you do .. .. .
    this is perfectly perfect

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cutie, love the kokeshi bobbed hair do and her tiny smile x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eek!! they look so cute. Cait is super talented with her pattern making and it must be exciting for her to see how beautifully you have made them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just totally heart all things Japanese. She is fantastic! Almost as fantastic as me winning a prize. That's sooooooo awesome! I'm a bit spoiled because I got some of tartan kiwis gorgeous patterns the other week as well . I may need to pay it forward when I get my work life balance sorted :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously gorgeous. And you know Japanese? What does it all say? Congratulations to Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the opportunity to link up, I truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day!