So I have been working away at some over the last wee while. I think it's pretty much done now and I'm quite happy with them.
It took some effort collecting and finding some bottles but we got there. The fabric for the lids and bunting I've had for at least 7 years... and I still have some left!
I used spray-glue to attach fabric to the lids. It was messy and sticky and I really have to find a better way to do it next time. I strongly suggest if you're going to buy little bits and pieces to fill the jars, to have a look in your $2 shop. They sell large packs of different items for $2, as opposed to Spotlight whom sell small bags of the same items for at least twice that...
In addition to the few bits and bops in the jars there is some foam sheets in the bottom of the crate and I'll give a small pack of white A4 paper to go along with it. There is also a small bottle of kiddy craft glue in each.
The bunting was easily done with pinking scissors and I just put a spot of glue between the two flaps to form a loop at the top to thread the string. A little bow at the front and some glue on the "bow knot" to make sure it doesn't come undone.
And there you have it - two crates for two little girls for Xmas. That oughta keep em busy!
Happy Thursday everyone!
Linking up with cleverer people here.