One of my favourites, Super easy, Super YUM!
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 150g icing sugar
- 50ml fresh lemon juice (about 1 1/2 large lemons)
1. Preheat the oven to 180'C. Grease a 20cm deep round cake tin.
2. Combine all ingredients in bowl, mixing well with a wooden spoon until the batter is smooth.
3. Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 40 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and stand the tin on a cooling rack.
to make the syrup, gently heat the sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan, stirring until a clear syrup is formed. Do not boil.
5. Prick the warm cake all over with a fork, then gently pour the syrup over it, until it has been completely absorbed.
6. Leave until cool, then carefully ease the cake form the baking tin.
7. Sift a little more icing sugar on the top before serving.
Now try to hold back from eating the whole thing all at once...
Linking up with