Wednesday 6 August 2014

Show & Tell - One, Two, Toucan!

Hi everyone!

Show & Tell Thursday's

How're thing ticking along in your worlds? A couple of weeks ago I Finally did something with my Toucan block. Nothing mind-bending but you know - it's complete! A wee cushion to accompany the book as a birthday gift for a little boy. He's such a happy character that Toucan isn't he?

The completed test block has been sitting here for a while and I was pretty certain it would become a cushion cover to team up with the book. But it just didn't move up the to-do list very quickly. Then one evening I found my hands at a loose end and got cracking on hand-quilting around the little guy.

As soon as he was quilted, he got the border, the back, a cushion popped in and boom! Done! And ready for a new home :)

I so love finishing projects - Sticking it out through the not so fascinating, almost at the end parts just to reach that golden finished moment....ahhhh! What about you? Do you like to finish and finish it now or you know, whenevs?

Thanks for popping along today lovelies - looking forward to hearing from and seeing what you've been up to!
L xx

Show & Tell Thursday's





9 comments:

  1. such a perfect present!! You are both generous and brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy gift you've made and given .. .. .. Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making another one of these is next on my list- I love Toucan and your cushion is a beautiful and thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome piece Leonie!!!! It is colorful and just amazing! High fives and a happy Thursday to you! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such an amazing and special gift! You totally amaze me with your paper piecing, I think I need you to give me a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. he is just the funnest dancing toucan! This is a fun gift :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looooove!!! That's one of our favourite books, too! So cute :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day!