Wednesday 9 October 2013

Show & Tell: A quilt for a cause

And just like that it's Thursday again!

Show & Tell Thursday's

Last year I was lucky enough to meet Deb and I'm sure you've all heard of her.  No doubt you've also recently read about the Blessing Deb project.  A week or two ago the call was put out to donate items for an auction.

After a lot of um-ing and ah-ing I decided to make up a quilt to contribute.

I dreamt up the design (literally - I woke up with the pictures and numbers in my head at 4am one morning!) and got on with making it over the weekend.


It wasn't without it's challenges - needle failures, backing failures, etc -   but... despite the hiccups, the top came together, my walking foot got a good workout with the straight-line quilting,  binding sewn on, and now it's done!

The details:
Top: Various fabrics from my stash
Middle:  A lovely warm woolen blanket.
Backing:  Pretty soft sheet
Size: 56" x 56" (142 cm x 142cm)

Next week it will be auctioned.  Check out the details on the Facebook page, and if you like it, please bid on it!  I hope it goes to a home that will love it as much as we do : )

What have you been up to? Making lots? Having school holiday fun?
Looking forward to seeing your makings and creatings!
Have a happy day
L xx

Show & Tell Thursday's




19 comments:

  1. WOW Leonie this is gorgeous so bright cheerful and colourful

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's STUNNING! Beautiful work Leonie, I might have to pop in a bid or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful!!!! A job well done!!!! The colors just make you smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness I hard out LOVE this - the colours are amazing :o) beautiful, generous girl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful brilliant colours. Its wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this! Wow, what talent!! I'll keep an eye on the auction and be sorely tempted to join in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning. Love it! So so so gorgeous! A rainbow indeed of loveliness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you made that in a weekend, that's amazing in itself! Great job and I hope it fetches a great price for a truly worthwhile cause.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful!!! Hopefully gets lots of dosh!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so incredibly generous Leonie. I'm with Leanne - I can't believe you made this in a few days! A beautiful quilt for a lovely cause. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Its totally GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is beautiful Leonie...and amazing that you completed it in a weekend!!! You're one special lady! :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's absolutely gorgeous Leonie! Beautiful colours - my birthday is coming up...wonder if I could treat myself?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is absolutely far out wonderful! Very very cool! Hope you don't mind but I might pin it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. That is gorgeous!! I love the colours - its perfect. I may have to check out this auction, I do believe I am in love with this quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so wanna this! Hope no one out bids me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day!