I'm back today with another dessert recipe. This one is an old SA'can one that we had from time to time while growing up. The name is a direct translation and probably came about because of the honeycomb-like texture of the pudding and also the fact that honey is an ingredient : ) Cake-like, tasty, and great served warm with some cold custard.
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup honey/syrup
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup warm milk
1 tsp baking soda
4 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180'C. Grease a baking pan/dish.
2. Mix the sugar and flour. Add the honey.
3. Melt the butter, add the milk and baking soda. Mix well with the flour mixture.
4. Add the eggs, vanilla and salt.
5. Bake for 35 mins.
6. Serve warm with custard. Enjoy!
Have a great Tuesday!
Joining in with lovely Ange.