Wednesday 16 January 2013

Show & Tell - Festive Felt

Hi you lovely clever people,
Thank you for dropping by today - hopefully you'll leave a little bit inspired by some of the neat things others have been creating!

Show & Tell Thursday's

I'd never really used felt before until recent months.  Subconsciously I think I had an idea that perhaps it would tear or look "handled" quickly from trying to work with it.  Anyhoo needless to say I was wrong and it's fun and easy to work with!  And the Falalala book had me sold on it!

Two items I loved making from it:  a star garland and the paisley sock ornament.


Both for Miriam for our Advent Swap.  Notice the blue, purple and green? and the Paisley? : )


What materials have you worked with that surprised you?

Thanks for linking up and of course we have the awesome giveaway from Lydia's Treasures this month!  Photo coming soon!
Lydia's Treasures

Looking forward to seeing what you've got to show!
L x

Show & Tell Thursday's




9 comments:

  1. And yes I have linked twice! Please delete one of them...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your paisley pattern stocking- so pretty! Felt ornaments are such fun to make aren't they?! You'll be hooked now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that stocking ornament, the stitching is great on it

    ReplyDelete
  4. both received rather a lot of comments too during the festive season! I love felt.... I can't think of a fabric that surprised me but I am always a bit surprised by my enjoyment of very basic quilting xx thanks for hosting lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the stocking is gorgeous, I love the colours and the stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are cute! also love the stocking, its that embroidery that makes it, I've been wanting to do the red and white swirls candy garland from that book for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the star garland. Might try that for christmas this year! Ive linked up something I made for my niece lasy year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that star Garland is adorable!!! And I love the paisley too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to have found another great kiwi blog. I want to be more crafty this year so hope to join in soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day!