Tuesday 5 June 2012

From one flower to a Flower Garland

So I was initially just going to make one little flower attached to a chain or ribbon to tie around the wrapped up Superhero cape ...

But then I thought nah - I should do a couple more and make a few leaves too...

But then I thought nah - if I'm going to make something like this it might as well be 'useable' otherwise E and her mum will just have little bitty flowers and leaves that get buried under things and toys and what not...


I know I'll make a garland!  And each flower will have some pink as it's her favourite colour : )

A few nights later... Ta da!

Might have to make one for us now too : )

My kiddos are all slowly getting better - thanks for all your lovely comments and best wishes : ) It's been a long week and the nights have been even longer... One feels so helpless in the middle of the night when you've done all you can and yet they cough and cough and cough making them feel even more miserable...  We'll all get there I'm sure!

Hope you've all had a splendid long weekend and the week ahead is looking dandy!
L x


19 comments:

  1. That is totally gorgeous. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your garland and good to hear you are all on the ment, even if it is soewhat slowly. Hang in there. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, she's going to love it! So glad to hear that everyone is getting better.
    Hugs J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I so know another birthday girl who'd squeal with delight to receive this - just saying - lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the garland Leonie, glad to hear all are getting better

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely! Glad everyone is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely garland. So pretty. I'm glad your little ones are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Leonie your garland looks so sweet, lovely colours. Who doesn't love a floral garland to brighten up a corner?

    Glad the girls are on the mend.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Miss 4 is just drooling over your pretty garland! Glad to hear that your little ones are recovering, it's definitely not fun for anyone when they're sick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty little garland! Would brighten up any space!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely. The buttons are a cute touch as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow fantastic what brilliant colours! good job you, I see you are hooked :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the garland is gorgeous! I so wish I could get my brain around crochet, I just dont get it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh that is so lovely! what a sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love this, what a lovely idea, beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Leonie! Your flowers look great! Love the colours and the garland!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhh - I know those flowers are addictive, love what you've done with them. Sick kids are no fun, glad things are on the up and up at your house.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day!